Sunday, January 06, 2013

Counting Mine {226 - 240}

One of the many things I want to bring back to my blog this year, is the theme of gratitude. I have so much to be grateful for, but I've let what I don't have cloud that.

I'm so sorry, Lord.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

226) a warm shower, washing away the stress, worries and failures of the day
227) the way Mattie closes his eyes and lifts his face for me to kiss his cheeks, like he`s soaking up my love
228) feeling like I matter
229) watching a child`s eyes flutter as they fight sleep
230) little arms cuddling a stuffed lovey close while they rest
231) Ian`s arrival home at 11:57 pm, just in time to ring in the new year with us
232) Julie choosing to journal her gifts because she sees the model of thankfulness
233) the heart-realization that God didn`t make a mistake in me
234) when the children offer to help with dinner or to set the table
235) snow that falls steady like rain
236) hearing Sam tell me I`m a good mother, and that he doesn`t tell me enough
237) quiet moments to myself
238) the peace I feel after a day well lived
239) the way my sweet Mattie smiles at me, like he has a big secret
240) late night water fights in the house
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
If you are counting your own blessings and blogging about them, will you leave me a comment with the link to your blog, or share them with me at katieb38@hotmail.com? I'd love to know how you are being blessed through your journey!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Water fights IN THE HOUSE? Sounds interesting. I hope no electronic equipment in all the excitement. :)

    I love hearing about what God's done in your life! Such hope and happiness flowing from you these days.

    If you have a moment, pop over to my blog to see our New Year's greeting. I think it's right up your alley (or maybe Ian's).

    ReplyDelete
  2. All such wonderful reasons to be thankful! Happy New Year! I wish you the best in the coming year!
    Renee - Kudos Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. KAte! I've missed you! I just did a post like this (I've also had a series going on my blog from inspiration from the 10,000 gifts book). I called it the exact same thing you did! (Counting Mine). I probably saw it on your blog a while ago...and never registered that I was using your words. I love them, though- hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete