Saturday, August 11, 2012

Late Again With My Five Question Friday

It's a slow, rainy afternoon here, a perfect day to curl up on the couch and blog. We're all doing our own things right now but will be heading shortly. Sam is meeting some of his friends at the mall, I am going to a memorial service, and Ian has a magic show.

This week was very busy for me. I went in to the office early a few mornings and stayed late a few afternoons. There is always so much work to do and never enough time to do it all. I try not to get too stressed by it all and remind myself I can only do what I can do and that tomorrow is another day, but I`m starting to feel it.

The company I was temping at while I was pregnant with Matthew called me this week. They wanted to know if I could go back to work for them on contract until the end of August. It's very flattering that they still think of me a year and a half later, when I only worked for them for six months in the first place. I said no. I am compensated exceptionally well where I am and I would be crazy to give that up.

Julie, Sam and I saw the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie on Thursday night. So cute. I loved being with them and we all enjoyed it. It was nice to hang out with my big kids and be able to focus solely on them.

Yesterday I woke up with such a happy heart. I am so grateful for where we are right now, and for the rest we`ve been able to enjoy. I never thought that after having everything stripped away one by one, that I would end up so peaceful.

This morning mom and I went to bingo. We didn`t win anything but I enjoyed being with her. I need to learn to talk less while at bingo. Well, frankly I could learn to talk less in all areas of my life but we don`t need to go there right now.

Once again I`m late with my answers for Five Question Friday but I`m doing it anyway.

 
1. Thunder storms- love them or hate them?

I love them. If I can, I like to sit on the porch to watch them. I love the smell of rain.

2. Do your kids get back to school clothes?

Yes. I used to buy them all new wardrobes for school but then I realized how crazytown that was and now they get a new outfit each for the first day. If there are things they need they always get them but I`ve toned it right down. Jordan will need some new things, and shoes for all, but that`s it.

3. Do you golf? Do you watch it?

I don`t golf. I tried it once, it was more than enough, and you`ll never catch me doing it again. Ever. I don`t get the allure of it at all. You hit the ball (hopefully in the right direction), walk walk walk to get it, then you hit it away from you again. Fer dumb. And it`s crazy expensive. In my opinion golf is a colossal waste of time and money.

I don`t watch it on tv either. To me that would be as exciting as watching paint dry.

I  love watching Ian (who is an amazing golfer) at the driving range, and could sit there watching him for hours.

Golf  carts are fun though.

4. Showers or baths?

Definitely showers. Baths are like sitting in a tub of dirty water. That you then wash yourself with. And just sitting there with nothing to do. I like the occasional bubble bath but that`s it.

5. What's the strangest meal you ever ate?

I make a point of not eating strange food. I did try calamari once and I`m still grossed out.

That`s it for me - enjoy your Saturday!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love your answers!! :) Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete