Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's Been A Day


I'm sitting here enjoying a piece of cheesecake knowing I'm going to hate myself in the morning. But right now? I'm very, very happy.

And chatty.

I stayed up too late last night playing with my iPhone and hanging out with Siri, asking her stupid questions just to see what she'd say. I woke up very tired and kept zoning out while I was getting ready for work. I forgot to rinse out the conditioner from my hair, so my hair was a little funky today.

If funky hair wasn't enough, I was halfway to work when I realized I had forgotten to put my makeup on. 

Excellent.

Mother's Day was lovely. I slept in until 9 and then Ian and the children brought me breakfast in bed. I just love special days like this, when all the children climb into bed with us. Church was at 11 and they did a beautiful job of honouring the mothers in the congregation. There was a video of children talking about what they loved about their moms, as well as lots of artwork. Both of my girls had drawn pictures for me and when I saw them I was teary.

Sam and I headed over to visit with my mother and sister for the afternoon. We gave her a couple of rosebushes for her garden and Sam planted them for her. I had such a good time laughing with them and just being together. When we returned home, Ian made a delicious ham dinner for me and then I watched the Desperate Housewives finale ALONE.

It was a really good day. I am so blessed to have the family that I do, and we love each other so much. Ian is generous with his praise about me as a wife and mother, and the children told me over and over how much they love me. Wonderful.

Tonight I went to get a pedicure for my Mother's Day gift. I went to a place in the mall and I can tell you right now I'll never go back. My feet feel wonderful and look very pretty, but the girl who did them never stopped talking, and I couldn't understand 90% of what she was saying. I'm not one for massage chairs, and it was digging in my back over and over and over. And she made my toe bleed. And she told me my eyebrows are horrendous and should be fixed right away. But... I have really pretty toes!

Afterwards I wandered the mall for a bit and decided to check in with my old hair salon to get a quote for my hair. He had me sit in his chair while he checked out my hair and we talked about the colour I wanted. He offered to do a colour test on a sample of my hair and I agreed, not knowing what he intended to do.

Before I knew what was happening, he whipped out a pair of scissors from his pocket and cut off a chunk of my hair.

A CHUNK OF MY HAIR. 

Apparently I can go by tomorrow after work and he'll have results ready for me then. Oh I'll stop by alright, assuming I'm over the trauma.

Ok I'm tired now. This has been a very big day for me.

Goodnight!

Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. I have done the conditioner in the hair and no make up thing so many times I have lost count. But sounds like you had a fabulous Mothers Day. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! A chunk?! That's...DESPICABLE!!!!
    So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day...because you ARE a wonderful Mother and a fabulous friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have had him braid the chunk for when you return! Only 6 dolla mo! LMAO!!!! Clearly you need to do your eyebrows if that's what "Tammy" says you should do. "It make you look sexay....only 7 dolla mo!"

    Oh dear I am still crying with laughter!!

    http://youtu.be/baDJ-ZIvYy0

    ReplyDelete