Friday, May 11, 2012

5QF ~ May 12

Oh Friday...how I love thee! You've arrived just in time.

I've been successfully staying away from twitter and facebook this week. While I feel incredibly out of touch with everyone, I've been enjoying spending my time in more edifying ways. It's amazing how many mindless statements I have spared the twittersphere from this week.

Sam and I went to see The Hunger Games on Monday night and we liked it. Usually I prefer the book or the movie, never both. But I found that the book did a really, really, good job at describing everything that happened, that when I saw the movie I almost felt as though I had seen it already. At one point the beast-dog things showed up and even though I'd read about them, I wasn't expecting them at that moment, and I screamed. Sam said it wasn't scary, but my scream scared the crap out of him. I loved hanging out with him so much.

Wednesday night we all headed out to the mall together after I got home from work. Jordan loves the pet store so we took her there. She loves all things creepy, like snakes and lizards and birds. While we were there I bumped into a woman I went to high school with. Crazy. I bought Matt his very first superhero shirt - Spiderman. Ian has every single superhero shirt ever made, and Sam has quite the collection as well, and now Matt has one.

Last night was Julie's school play and she did wonderfully. I was teary watching her. She makes me proud.

I'm reading two really great books that have me thinking about a lot of things. I'll be reviewing them on my blog next week.


It's time for Mama M's Five Question Friday blog hop! Yippee!



1. What advice would you give a couple getting married?



Love one another. Put each other first and get each other's back. Be generous with encouragement and forgiveness. Listen to what your spouse says, but more importantly, listen to what they don't say. Laugh together. Be your spouse's safe place to fall. Accept them for who they are, not who you want them to be.


2. If you could tell your 16 year old self ONE thing, what would it be?


I have a lot of things I wish I could tell my 16 year old self. A lot of things.

The biggest thing....Go all in with life. To let myself really LIVE.

 Love deeply. Belly laugh. Let go of the fear of not being good enough. Try new things. Stop trying to be the best. Be authentic. Fail sometimes and be ok with it. Trust others, and let them in. Allow myself to be happy.


3. What do you do to keep cool in the summer? (AC, windows, fans, swimming, etc.)


Air conditioning. And lots of it.


4. What did you (or your wife) crave most while pregnant?


I didn't really have a particular craving with Sam. With Julie it was spaghetti. I ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, every single day for three months. My coworkers started bringing in their homemade spaghetti for me! With Jordan it was grilled cheese sandwiches. And with Matthew it was maccaroni and cheese. All.the.time. YUM.


5. Who is your favorite TV mom? Why?


Ma Ingalls on Little House On The Prairie. She was the epitome of love, grace and patience.
I also like the mother on Good Luck Charlie - my kids tell me I'm a lot like her. Ha!
Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life to join in on the fun!

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment