Monday, January 30, 2012

Just A Few Things

I don't have a lot to blog about today so I'm just going to ramble a little.

I have a cold and I feel so lousy. Ian made sure I stayed in bed all weekend and brought me tea and toast and M&Ms and apple pie... oh yum. I'm still feeling pretty wiped out but life must go on, right? My house is a disaster and I'm moving so slowly that it's taking me forever to clean it up. I actually got sidetracked by the Imagination Movers show if you can believe that. It was a new one and I actually stopped the vacuum and sat down to watch.

Sam and Julie are home sick again today. I hate that they're missing so much school but I can't send them feeling the way they are. It makes me crazy when parents send sick kids to school and then my kids catch their cooties.

Oh yeah. I said cooties.

I keep forgetting to switch the laundry so I just run the washer again and hope I remember next time. I also run the dryer for another 5-10 minutes if the clothes are cold when I eventually return to get them.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.

I'm drinking iced tea like it's going out of style these days. Ian bought some Walmart brand powdered mix and we love it. I drink it with tons of ice and pretend it's summer.

Only 142 days until summer in case you're wondering.

I'm so thankful for my husband, Ian. He hasn't had an easy time for awhile now, but he always puts a smile on his face and does what needs to be done. He's out doing that today and I'm so proud of him. He is a wonderful man of character and integrity and I'm so thankful that God chose him for me.

Mattie is now awake from his nap that lasted all of eleven minutes. I think he's the next one to have this cold we're all sharing.

Hope you're having a great Monday :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I love the Imagination Movers! So much fun!

    Sorry you have a cold and that it keeps spreading. Try airing out your house for 20 minutes. Yes, I know it's cold out, you'll have to bundle up, but believe me it helps kick those cold germs outta your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are all sick! Pray everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word - I could have written this post!!! I too had a nasty head cold this weekend - was riding the couch for 2 straight days. Today I just had to deal and get up and take care of this crazy house. And yes - I too run the dryer again for a few minutes if the clothes are cold when I get them....which makes no sense because I'm just going to fold em and put em away - not like I'm taking them out to wear. HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have sickness in our house, too! Every kid we know has colds or something! I hope you all get restored to health quickly. And I can understand about being sidetracked by Imagination Movers, they're pretty cool. ha :)

    ReplyDelete