Sunday, January 08, 2012

5QF - January 8

I have a few blog posts floating around in my head these days and very little time to write them out. Nothing terribly important, just little things I want to talk about.

Tomorrow Sam and Julie return to school. I have loved having them at home for the last two weeks and will miss them a lot when they head off tomorrow morning.

You know the house across the street that put out all the garbage and then left in a hurry, and then I saw all sorts of cleaning, painting and work crews coming and going, followed by a for sale sign in the lawn and then shortly after it was sold?

Whoa.

Spy much, Kate?

Well, all that to say, I saw the new people yesterday. They had a whole whack of brand new furniture delivered and I saw two young children about three and five years old running in and out. Jordan and I are going to take a walk later and see if we can meet them. The one that looks to be three is a little girl and it would be awesome for Jordan to make a friend. I can just picture them waving at each other from their windows. So cute.

They've got HUGE boxes in their garage right now. I really, really, want a couple of them so I can make a washer and dryer for Jordan to play with. I get I'd best be gettin' to makin' friends stat.

Friday was a busy day for us here so I didn't get to do my Five Question Friday on time, so I'm just going to do it today.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~




1. What is the weather like where you are and do you like it?

It's cold and I hate it. Not really any snow at all which is fine by me. Today is very sunny and that helps a lot. When it's overcast and snowy I get depressed.

2. When you're sick what do you seek comfort from?

Nothing. I just want to sleep, sleep, sleep and be left alone. I don't need to be visited or waited on, I just want to sleep it off. I do like it when Ian checks on me and covers me up with the blanket. But that's all I need really.

3. What do you need to do before the end of the month?

Nothing terribly pressing. Just the regular day to day stuff that needs to get done.

4. Have you ever served on a jury?

I made it to day two of the jury selection process on Thursday but I didn't get chosen. I am so glad because the nature of the trial was very disturbing. I'll post my day two post as soon as I can.

5. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?

A cat. No matter what happens to a cat, it always lands on it's feet. I feel as though I'm easily knocked off my feet these days, so a little cat in me would work out just fine.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~


That's all I have time for today. Have a great Sunday!

Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life to join in on the fun!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I just have to tell you i am so glad I "know" you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated everything getting back to "normal" this week too. Holidays are always great for getting us all enjoying each others company.

    I hope you get to make friends with the neighbors!

    ReplyDelete