Sunday, December 11, 2011

Counting Mine {106 - 120}

This weekend was one of the sweetest weekends I've had in a long time. Ian had a full weekend of magic shows and Santa bookings, so sadly he wasn't here to be a part of it.

It wasn't like we did anything exceptionally great. We just were together, enjoying each other's company.

Julie helped me clean out a cupboard, and then I cleaned the freezer while she did the fridge. I made cake balls, and one by one all the children found their way to the kitchen, sitting on the stools at the breakfast bar. We teased and talked and laughed together and my heart felt so warm.

We ate a lot of cake balls. A lot of them. I made one big one that we called The Big Daddy just for Ian. All of us want to eat Big Daddy, and Ian is holding off just to tease us I think.

Today, I was rocking Matthew in the rocking chair in the play room, singing his favourite songs. Once he fell asleep, I moved him and started rocking Jordan, singing her favourites. Then she got cross with me for messing up the words and took off.

Then... Julie climbed on my lap and we started singing made up songs that just had us in stitches.

These are the days.

These are the moments that I don't want to ever forget.

This afternoon we put up our Christmas tree. If you know me, you know this is late for us! I'm that annoying person that is always counting down to Christmas on the 25th of each month.

Watching the children decorating the tree, I did what I do every single year without fail.

I started to cry.

Last Christmas, Matthew was still growing within me. Just a dream of what he would be. This year, he was mesmerized by the lights on the tree. I watched Sam helping Jordan hang a favourite decoration. Julie on top of the chair, hanging the ornaments on the higher branches. And Ian, putting the star on the top of the tree like he does every year. Each of us hanging a heart ornament, six in total.

I cried because it hit me just how much God loves me. He has filled my home - and my life - with people to love, and who love me. I know I don't deserve all that He has given me. I know this. I am so grateful.

There is laughter and warmth and love in this home. We fight with each other, and tease each other, and support one another.

Such love.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~


106} loading the bobbin into my sewing machine correctly the first time
107} waking up and checking the clock, and seeing that I don't have to get up just yet
108} the careful way Ian holds my heart
109} having a door held open
110} exceeded expectations
111} church family that loves deeply
112} fireworks
113} answered prayers
114} sweet family traditions
115} going to see a movie on my own
116} feety pjs
117} getting to fall asleep next to Ian each night, and waking up to him each morning
118} freshly washed laundry
119} family vacations to Sherkston
120} pushing a baby in a stroller

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~


If you are counting your own blessings and blogging about them, will you leave me a comment with the link to your blog, or share them with me at katieb38@hotmail.com? I'd love to know how you are being blessed through your journey!

Counting Mine {1-15}
Counting Mine {16-30}
Counting Mine {31-45}
Counting Mine {46-60}
Counting Mine {61-75}
Counting Mine {76-90}
Counting Mine {91-105}

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a great day. I'm glad you had happiness today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fighting back the tears. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! So happy to hear you had a weekend filled with joy, sweet moments and memories made. Those are snapshots you will have in your heart forever.

    I love the idea of counting your blessings on the blog. I can't wait to go back and read them all.

    Today my greatest blessing was my 4 1/2 year old daughter finally writing her name for the first time by herself. She's a bright little girl, just has had no interest in books or the alphabet. I snapped a picture, held back the tears as I congratulated her, and praised God for the gift of getting to stay home with my children and teach them.

    There is always something to be grateful for if we really look for it... and it is usually the most ordinary and simplest of things, isn't it?

    Blessings to you!
    -Johnna

    ReplyDelete