Saturday, December 31, 2011

Book Review: My Favourite Bible


Bring the Bible alive!

The most treasured stories of the Bible come alive in My Favorite Bible.

Start your little ones on a life-long love of God's word!

This colorful and dynamic gospel-centered Bible storybook guides children through the foundational truths of Scripture. Each story is fully and vividly illustrated and includes a simple narrative with things children ages 4—8 love: repetition, rhythm, and energy, along with a key biblical theme, a key Bible verse, an activity page, and discussion questions.

Adults and children will cherish time together as they grow closer to God.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I've been looking for a good devotional Bible for some time now, so when the opportunity to review this one came along I jumped at the chance and couldn't wait for it to arrive.

Sam and Jules have a good solid grasp of our faith and I am so thankful for that. As Jordan rapidly approaches her 4th birthday and is soaking up learning like a sponge, I was anxious to find age appropriate devotional materials for her to learn from.

I loved the colourful and cute pictures that filled each page. The stories were told in little-people speak, with different sized fonts and curly words. It is an eye catching book for children and Jordan loved it.

Aside from all of that, you know what I think I loved most? It's small and light enough to fit in a child's lap comfortably. Sounds like a minor thing to get excited about, right?

I gave it to Jordan to hold and look through, and just sat back to watch her expressions and reactions to it. I loved her face as she turned the pages, oohing and ahhing over the pictures, and then hugged it to her little chest.

"Is this book for me?" she asked.

I nodded and smiled. "That book is filled with stories about God's goodness and love for us, Jordan!" I whispered to her. Her little face beamed and she nodded, telling me how she wanted to learn all about God too.

After each story there is a Family Talk section, highlighting the key verse for that story. It includes a few paragraphs relating each story to modern day, in a way that this age group will understand. It ends with some questions for your child to think about.

There is also a Family Fun page after each story as well. It suggests a couple of options of how your child could put her faith in action.

I really, truly would recommend this type of devotional material for the 4-8 year age group. I look forward to using My Favourite Bible as an added tool to help Jordan grow her faith.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment