Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Just Some Stuff

You know that warm feeling of contentment that just wraps itself around you all out of the blue? I had a moment like that today.

The sink was filled with breakfast dishes. Willow was barking and charging the window at his neighbour dog friend walking past. The phone was ringing. Jordan was singing at the top of her lungs. Matthew was crying in his jumperoo, wanting to be picked up. And I was in the bathroom, plunging up the pieces of a pull-up diaper that Jordan had tried to flush.

And there it was. So unexpected. This warm feeling of all is well. Our circumstances have not changed, things are still as difficult as they have been. Yet out of the blue, while plunging away like my toilet's life depended on it... was this sense of everything is going to be ok. And even now, hours later, I still feel it.

I've been longing to feel an ounce of that for so long now and today I got it.

Thanks God :-)

Last night I cooked chicken in our toaster oven. Did you know you could use a toaster oven to cook chicken? Well I didn't. I mean I do understand the OVEN part of toaster OVEN. I felt like I was MacGyver last night. Like I invented fire or something equally as awesome.

Today has been a very low-key day. It's cold and rainy and I feel the dampness in my bones. the Littles and I just hung out and cuddled lots today. Jordan has been playing "doggie" for the last hour and she barks more than my real life dog does.

Remember when I told you about the house across the street with all the garbage that I posted a picture of? Well...there's been a lot of activity going on over there these last few days. They were shovelling something in there on Sunday. Shovelling! Then they ripped up all sorts of carpet. Today a couple of guys were painting and wearing what looked like hazmat suits. I am dying to know what the inside of that house looked like for them to have left so suddenly.

I think I just bumped myself up a notch on the Nosy Scale.

On Sunday, we all headed out to a lovely park for a picnic and to take some more family photos. It was a gorgeous day and I enjoyed being with Ian and the children so much. I felt like we really soaked up the day and I loved that. Several times I felt like I would cry because I was so happy. Moments. Beautiful moments.

I'll be posting some of our pictures soon. I've posted before about my older children's rights to privacy and safety, and they've both given their permission for me to post a picture of them in my sidebar. They even chose which photo themselves. I'm excited to show them to you.

Awhile ago we got Netflix. At first I was in love with it, then I forgot about it. Ian told me that it now had a whole bunch of new stuff added but I didn't really care. But then...THEN he told me it had 100+ episodes of the original 90210!

!!!

I watched the original episode then went snooping and saw that they had Season 4 episodes of the NEW 90210 so I watched one of those. OH MAH WORD. Just when I thought it couldn't get more exciting, Ian told me I can get Netflix ON MY PHONE!!!

Between toaster oven cooked chicken and 90210 on Netflix, I'm not sure I could handle much more excitement this week.

That's it for now. Over and out.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Haha! You crack me up! Thankful for that peace that far surpasses our understanding! Can't wait to see your new pics! We hopefully have some coming too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 p.m.

    Thank you for writing so beautifully about His peace. Marie H

    ReplyDelete
  3. as a student when I only had a toaster oven and a microwave I used to cook chickens in the toaster oven all the time. sometimes I even got fancy and would stuff the chicken!

    ReplyDelete