Monday, October 03, 2011

Applique T-Shirts

Ian gave me the best gift EVER this weekend.

Time for myself.

And how did I choose to spend that time?

Sewing!

I am still very much a beginner and learning as I go along. I tend to stick to easy projects that I can finish before frustration sets in, and even though they may not be perfect, I enjoy the feeling of having created something.

I tried my hand at appliqueing t-shirts some time ago. Simple letters on shirts. I put them on the Littles and no one laughed at me, so I figured maybe they weren't so awful.

After seeing all different types of applique work online I figured I was ready to try my hand at it again.

One popular idea is to applique a tie on a t-shirt for a little boy. Ian created the template for me and this is how it turned out.



I thought it was adorable and dressed Matthew in it for church the next day.



Jordan loves Mickey and Minnie Mouse. She loves them. Every day we have to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse about three times.

I wanted to try making something Minnie themed for Jordan, so again I called on my wonderful Ian to create a template and size it for me. This is the end result.



*sorry for the blurry shot - Jordan was in motion when I took it *

And here she is with hers on just after church.



It's an easy and inexpensive sewing project to do that turns out pretty cute.

Cost To Make: Approximately $10-$15
Time To Make: 1 1/2 hours

Photobucket

1 comment: