Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quick Update

I think I have reached that point in pregnancy when I turn into KateZilla. I am cranky.

No. I don't think so.

I know so.

Sigh.

Sunday I hardly got any sleep at all. The baby was kicking and poking me so hard, and it was after 4am before I could fall asleep, then I was up at 7 to get ready for work.

I had a really difficult time concentrating at work, and I managed to doze off in the bathroom.

I know. Gross.

I saw my doctor in the evening as scheduled. My blood pressure was higher than it's been so far, so he had me lay down for 10 minutes then took another reading and it was much better. The baby's heartbeat sounded lovely and steady. He sent me for more blood work, this time to check my liver function. I'm having another ultrasound - my fifth! - this Monday to make sure the baby is doing ok, and to make sure the placenta is functioning efficiently. He said that if there is anything "off" they will send me upstairs to labour and delivery. If they let me leave, then I can relax and know that all is well. I'm a little nervous.

Weight gain? 1 pound.

I don't get it.

Total weight gain so far is 3 lbs and he's pleased with that. I told ya, I'm fluffy. Fluffy peeps don't need to gain as much.

In other news, Sam had more trouble with that kid I've blogged about before. He was pushing Sam and punching him in the arm and chest. Sam tried walking away twice and this kid kept coming at him. So, Sam put him in a head-lock and punched him in the head three times and the kid went down. The principal has been investigating everything as there were several boys involved by the time it was over, and tomorrow there will be a police officer at the school to talk to the boys, and Ian has been asked to be there for 10am. I want to be there but I know I'll just run my mouth and make a mess of things.

I think pregnant women should be allowed to say whatever they want to. What's the point of having these raging hormones if we can't let go once in awhile???

Spring has sprung here and I'm loving every minute of it!

OK, that's about all I have to talk about tonight. I'm pooped and ready for bed!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the troubles Sam has been facing. I hope things get straightened out tomorrow!

    I'm glad to hear things are well for your and the baby! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't imagine I was a saint to be around in those final pregnancy weeks. Especially with my daughter who was born at the end of August! Hot summer months + very pregnant = cranky lady!

    Sorry to hear about Sam again. I hope they are working towards a solution this time.

    Yay! For the sunny skies! Go out and sit in it for a while, it might to do ya a lot of good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...I know two wrongs don't make a right, and I don't condone violence, but...GOOD FOR SAM!!!

    I'm glad that he stuck up for himself after trying to maturely walk away. I hope that other kid learned his lesson...GRRRRRRR, bullies make me want to go a little crazy. Tommy Boy style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to Mama M....GOOD FOR HIM!!!! Even if it was wrong....sometimes it just has to be done! Hope things get straightened out and they start leaving him alone!!!

    I'm glad your docs are keeping a good eye on you and your sweet baby!!!! I'll be praying that your blood pressure stays down and the placenta is functioning properly so he can keep on cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to say it but I agree with Mama M as well. You can only handle so much crap before you have to take matters into your own hands. I am glad he had the nerve to stand up for himself. I know the school will have to take the actions they see fit but if that kid learns not to mess with Sam again then it is worth it.

    You know I am keeping you and your whole family in my prayers daily. Wish I was there to help with the kiddos or things around the house so you could rest and take care of that little " bun in the oven" ;) Take it easy this weekend and I will be waiting to hear how everything goes on monday

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear that your sweet baby boy has arrived! Best of wishes during the last days of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear that your sweet baby boy has arrived! Best of wishes during the last days of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate to say it but I agree with Mama M as well. You can only handle so much crap before you have to take matters into your own hands. I am glad he had the nerve to stand up for himself. I know the school will have to take the actions they see fit but if that kid learns not to mess with Sam again then it is worth it.

    You know I am keeping you and your whole family in my prayers daily. Wish I was there to help with the kiddos or things around the house so you could rest and take care of that little " bun in the oven" ;) Take it easy this weekend and I will be waiting to hear how everything goes on monday

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete