Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Not Too Exciting Update

Life is pretty quiet these days and I don't have much to report. I go to work, come home to eat dinner, and go to bed by 9pm each night. Ian takes care of everything else. What a saint that man is.

Little Dude has been getting more and more active every day. The reassurance is nice and I'm noticing that he is more active at certain times of the day, and I find myself looking forward to those times. I can't believe I'm already 21 weeks.

Jordan is chatting up a storm lately, and her words and expressions are becoming clearer and clearer. She now says 'thank you' and 'no thank you'. I love it. She greets me at the front door every night with a "HI MOMMY!" and carries my lunch bag to the kitchen. So sweet.

Julie's report card was fantastic and all the areas that she has been working hard on came back with great reports. Her French teacher says she's one of his best students! She's thriving this year, and I think it's because she's really connected with her teacher. He seems pretty great.

Sam has been having difficulty with a kid at school. Remember this post? Well that kid has been bothering Sam again, as well as another boy in his class. We've spoken to his teacher, to the vice-principal (again) and the principal and made it clear that they are to deal with this problem and put an end to it. He's now on a 2 week in school suspension. We'll see what happens when he's back in the classroom.

I'm done with Winter. I really, truly am. I can't take any more snow, any more cold... I just am so done with it. I'm ready for sunshine and green grass, flip flops and capris... come on Spring!

That's about all I have to talk about today... not terribly exciting, but comfortingly normal. Praise God for that.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Just normal is good sometimes, isn't it?
    So excited for your little dude to keep growing! You're over half way there!
    I'm thinking spring is coming...it was in the 50's here today! (Yes, -11 on Monday! Crazy!)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh... Don't pop over to my blog then, cuz' we had a lot of sunshine last week and I'd hate for you to get depressed :)

    It's funny you call this a boring post, I like your little updates. It means we in the blog world know you're still alive and kickin' and haven't, ya know, decided to run away and never return again. So yeah, keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everything is going well up there. We are having a wonderful spring like week this week here. Temps in the 70s by Friday!! Feel free to come on down ;)

    I will be praying poor Sam gets a break at school. I know that makes it very tough for him day in and day out. Bullie suck.. just sayin'

    Love ya and talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thanks for the update! I'm so glad you realize how blessed you are to have an amazing husband & family! I'll be praying for Sam...that just makes me sick to my stomach! :( Just read about your scare on Twitter...so glad things checked out okay tonight. Take care! A

    ReplyDelete