Monday, January 24, 2011

Update

Hello!

I am having the best time with my Random Acts of Kindness birthday wish! It's taking me a lot longer than I ever imagined it would, and I just have to be ok with that. There's a lot going on and I only have so much time and energy to do stuff. When it comes to this I really, really don't want to rush it. So please bear with me and know that I'm not slacking off!

I will do one big blog post once I'm all done, and I'll be including all of yours at the same time. I have spent a few evenings in tears reading about what everyone has been doing.

Thank you so much for being a part of this.

Isn't kindness beautifully contagious??

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I'm tired of winter and being cold and all this snow. I am rapidly approaching my I'm So Fed Up With Winter Melt Down Day. Do you have a day like that? It usually hits me in February when I'm convinced that winter will go on forever and ever.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


My pregnancy seems to be going well so far. I feel movement just about every day now and that's so reassuring. I have an ultrasound booked for Feb 2nd, and I think I'm going to take the children out of school so they can come and see the baby too. We're going to try to find out the gender, so if I find out I'll let you know.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Being 40 doesn't suck like I thought it would. I actually feel rather relaxed and comfortable these days. I've been thinking a lot about things in the last couple of weeks, like how I view myself, what relationships are important to me, what brings stress to my life rather than joy... things like that. And I've decided I'm going to make some changes.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


My love affair with macaroni and cheese continues to burn brightly. I actually cooked some this morning before work so I could take some with me for lunch. I was one happy gal let me tell you.

I also love egg salad but I can't make it to save my life. My mom makes AWESOME egg salad but I hate to ask her to make it for me. But if she wanted to I wouldn't say no.

Ahem, Mom. Ahem.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Tonight is the finale of The Next Great Baker and we're all psyched to watch it together. It's really inspired Sam to try his hand at cake decorating and we've been enjoying his chocolate cakes immensely of late.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


And that's a wrap for today :-)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I'm so ready for a Winter Meltdown Day, too--I just booked a motel with a pool for February 11!
    Reading your random acts of kindness list is going to be so fun! Can't wait!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having a wonderful time getting all your RAOK done! I cant wait to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i missed the RAOK story... where can i get filled in?? loves RAOK's

    ReplyDelete
  4. February 2nd?!! That's MY birthday! If it is a girl, you MUST name her Mama. It's only right.

    I'm excited to read your RAOK post!

    ReplyDelete