Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday's Treats ~ Grandma's Homemade Brownies

Sam and Julie had a wonderful time at their grandparents house this weekend. They went swimming and fishing, saw a parade, went to a festival and saw Toy Story 3.

It sure feels good to have them home again, let me tell you. The house feels so empty when they're gone. Jordan missed them a lot too.

My mother-in-law always bakes something with the children when they come to visit for a weekend, which is something they always look forward to. They even packed their aprons :-)

This weekend they made brownies, and we thought it would be a great idea for them to share their creation with you for this week's Tuesday's Treat.

And so, we present to you Grandma's Homemade Brownies!



You'll Need:

1 cup of Crisco oil
4 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of cocoa
1 tsp of salt
*add 1/2 cup of nuts if desired

Step One:
In a large bowl, beat all wet ingredients together, mixing well. Add dry ingredients.

Step Two:
Spread batter in a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Step Three:
Once cooled, sprinkle icing sugar over the top using a fine sieve. Cut into squares.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


These are so good!

You know what makes them so amazing? The fact that my little people made them ;-)

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Yummy! I would like one please with a dollop of ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have cried when I read the title of today's dish! I'm craving brownies, first of all, and secondly, I've always wanted to make them from scratch but have never found a recipe I'm in love with... but if Kate endorses it, I have hope! Thanks for sharing! And welcome home, Kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look soooooooo YUMMY! Glad the kiddos have the precious moments of baking w/Grandma! Thanks for the recipe too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you please send me some? I'm a HUGE brownie fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you send me some please?? I'm a HUGE fan of brownies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YUM! As much as I've sworn off using Crisco in the claims that it will slowly kill me...I'm seriously going to make these. They look mouth wateringly delicious! Just one (pan) won't kill me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUM! As much as I've sworn off using Crisco in the claims that it will slowly kill me...I'm seriously going to make these. They look mouth wateringly delicious! Just one (pan) won't kill me, right?

    ReplyDelete