Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Checking In

I think that if you look up the word "slacker" in the dictionary you will find a picture of yours truly.

Sorry about that.

It's not that I don't have things to talk about, because if you know me, then you know I always have something to say.

I haven't been feeling my best lately and I don't want to whine about it to you guys. Well, I do actually....but I won't. ;-) No one likes a whiner, right?

I went to see my doctor a week or so ago to discuss a couple of concerns, namely my constant and ever growing fatigue, headaches, dizziness and increasing hair loss. He told me I am iron deficient. Lovely.

At least it isn't Lupus. Or West Nile Virus. Or worse.

I need to look into vitamins.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking on Craigslist to see if I could find a Kitchenaid mixer cheaper than what I'd pay for it in a store. I couldn't. But what I did find made me laugh. Someone was selling a toaster that only works on one side. I don't know why that made me laugh so hard but it did.

I have letters to mail on my desk and I keep forgetting to mail them. Every.single.day.

My favourite aunt, who also happens to be my Godmother, arrives tomorrow for a visit. She'll be with us to the end of July. I'm really looking forward to hugging her.

Willow's Pica is in full force. He has eaten a chunk out of the wall, the corner of my bookcase, the bottom handle of Jordan's drawer and the spout off her favourite sippy cup. He also stole Sam's dinner on Sunday as well as licked our guest's milk.

Needless to say, we had one sick puppy this week. Again.

He is shedding all over my house. I'd forgotten how much I hated dog fur. I brushed him for over a half hour on our front porch, and I was still pulling off as much fur at the end as I was in the beginning.

Wills and I seem to share a hair loss issue.

I wonder if I were to use one of the attachments for my vacuum (#16 in case you were wondering) to de-shed him. Would that hurt him? Would it work??

This weekend I am attending a baby shower for a dear friend of mine and have no idea as to what to give her. In the evening we're attending a bbq with several friends. I need a babysitter for Jordan because I am too old to chase her around. Also, I don't want people to know that I can't control my children. ;-)

Well, these random thoughts are all I've got for now. I'm hoping to thrill you with a vlog soon.

Did you laugh when I said "thrill"? Or maybe you gagged a little, like I did.

Ha.

Over and out.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. glad you're back and doing well. the toaster thing.. hmm.. that is a little weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a toaster that only works on one side! Who wouldn't! Haha. That made me laugh. I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself, girlie! I miss you!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craigslist creeps me out! Weren't you the one that told me some more people got killed from it?!

    I would be THRILLED if you vlogged 5QF!!! Get those damn roots done, my dear! I miss my Kate vlogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been feeling a bit less than "inspired" myself even though I have plenty to say as well. Funny how even something like that can be something relatable :) The one-sided toaster IS amusing, so is just admitting you can't control a child so you don't want to take them to a party... I would totally do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a summertime thing. I have so many great things I could be sharing, but I'm busy trying to enjoy them. And you know what? I think that's ok. I hope you get feeling back up to snuff soon!
    And the one-sided toaster? That's funny stuff right there!

    ReplyDelete