Friday, June 18, 2010

5QF ~ June 18

I was really looking forward to this weekend. We were going to spend the day with my mother at the cottage she rented on the beach, but now it's going to rain tomorrow so we won't be going.

:-(

I'm so disappointed.



Moving on to Mama M's Five Question Friday blog hop! I was going to vlog today but didn't have time to.

This week's questions are...

1. What is your favorite thing about summertime?

Watermelon!

2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)?

Somewhere by a beach. Water soothes me.

3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in?

Yes. Although, it's gotten very busy and overcrowded. I'd like to move to Cow Country but I'd miss my family too much.

4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult?

I was supposed to kick those habits to the curb before I became an adult??

5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job?

When I worked, I was in Credit and Collections. I was working on a spreadsheet for a very large company, listing all of their overdue invoices. I made one little typo and instead of the company owing us $40,000 I had it listed as $400,000. That little error made it's way right to the president of the other company's desk. Everyone at that company, and the company I represented, was cross with me. I was SO embarrassed and was afraid I'd lose my job.

Happy Friday everyone!



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I bet that situation at work was hard... I am sure everybody understood it was just a typo but def. no fun!

    Oh girl I forgot about some fresh watermelon.. Yummy!!

    So sorry your beach plans got cancelled I know that is a huge bummer :( Hopefully you will get to go soon! (((you)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl I'm sorry this is totally unrelated to your post. But I wanted to stop in and say thank you for your comment today. I feel exactly the same way you felt! Something about a loss makes me want to know everything I can about this little one before it's here. LOVE the way you told your husband on the third one!! I literally was laughing out loud at my computer. Love your spunk and bloggy friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:37 p.m.

    Ditto the watermelon, lady!
    I thought you were vloggin' this?! ;-)

    Hope you have a good weekend, despite the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vlog teaser.

    Sheesh...why do people hafta get so worked up over one little typo? I mean for real. It was just an extra zero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM, watermelon!

    I'm retiring in the mountains, so can I come visit you at the beach when we're old and gray?

    $40,0000/$40,000. Is it really that big of a difference? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto the watermelon, lady!
    I thought you were vloggin' this?! ;-)

    Hope you have a good weekend, despite the weather!

    ReplyDelete