Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I NEVER Thought I Would Say This

I'm getting excited to turn 40.

Why?

Because of this post that I read recently over at Mix Mingle Glow. Robyn recently turned 38 (Happy Birthday Robyn!)and you'll never guess how she chose to celebrate her birthday.

She decided to do 38 random acts of kindness.

You really ought to click the link above and read about this incredible woman's beautiful heart. Just a heads up...make sure you have some tissues.

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it.

And so, I've decided that instead of a birthday party, I want to celebrate my 40th birthday by doing 40 random acts of kindness. I will encourage my family and friends to forgo gifts, and instead, do a random act of kindness of their own.

My life is full and my cup overflows - I want to share some of that.

What better way to spend a milestone birthday than loving on others?

Do you have any ideas of what I could do? I have some already in mind, but would love to hear your thoughts as well.

Don't forget to enter to win a copy of 360 Life. This giveaway will close at midnight tonight and I'll post the winner tomorrow morning. Good luck!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. aww Kate!! That is so awesome... you are truly such an inspiration :) I will have to think of of some things and get back to ya.. I. will. be. back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Kate. What a great idea! I wish I had seen this before my birthday...what a wonderful thing to do. I might just do it anyway! Afterall, my birthday did only just happen. I'm off to read the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...you could start by baking me some cookies?

    :D

    I always think of hospital based acts of kindness...do you have a nearby pediatric unit that could use some DVDs? Our hospital recently had a DVD drive...seems like they get a lot of Blues Clues/Dora/Spongebob type movies, but not as much for the tween or teen group?!

    Just a thought!

    And...fabulous idea, my friend! Shows what a kind and generous heart you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea! I think I'll have to copy for the rest of my birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out Kate! One of the very best things to come out of my bday was the number of awesome like-minded people who have paid it forward to others...can you imagine the number of people who have been helped, surprised or just treated kindly as a result??? Mind blowing.
    Can't wait to help you celebrate your big 4-0. I'll be happy to join in in your honor. Wishing you many blessings for an amazing year and thanks again girl!
    Warmly,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read that blog post...I can't believe she did all that in a day! Wow! My b-day is in August and now you got me thinking...that would be SO COOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can send me some of your yummy baked goods! That would be very kind!!

    Such a great idea! You are such a wonderful person!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet and cute! I just love how genuine you are. I hope you have a fabulous birthday and I will start doing good deeds and random acts of kindness in your honor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing and meaningful idea. I'm going to go read the link now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing and meaningful idea. I'm going to go read the link now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well...you could start by baking me some cookies?

    :D

    I always think of hospital based acts of kindness...do you have a nearby pediatric unit that could use some DVDs? Our hospital recently had a DVD drive...seems like they get a lot of Blues Clues/Dora/Spongebob type movies, but not as much for the tween or teen group?!

    Just a thought!

    And...fabulous idea, my friend! Shows what a kind and generous heart you have!

    ReplyDelete