Friday, May 21, 2010

Hooray For Beach Days

Yesterday, Mom and I made our third 2-hour trek to Sherkston Shores in about a week and a half. She's been looking for a place to vacation this summer and this place seemed perfect, so yesterday's trip was to reserve her cottage.

Being the most awesome mother that I am, I let the children skip school to come with us. They were beyond thrilled.

It's amazing how much stuff I had to pack for three little kids and myself. A picnic lunch, a bag of sand toys, a bag of swimsuits and towels, diaper bag, purse....

Camera? Check!

The water was much too busy for Jordan to enjoy, so she stuck to playing in the sand...



She carried the tiniest bits of sand back and forth. Back and forth...back and forth...



She was so cute. She kept trying to pick up the sand and was watching it slip through her fingers. Over and over and over...



Julie, shivering from the freezing water...



Boy is he about to get a shock...



They were in heaven...



I recently discovered how easy it is to take, and upload, video from my beloved camera, MaryBeth.



It's amazing how rejuvenating being on a beach can be for the soul.

Hooray for beach days!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. LOVE it! The Lake actually looks a little ocean-like! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I hope your mom has a lovely time this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! I am so glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how refreshing it is to hear that 12 seconds of the ocean... if I come back over and over its because I needed to pretend I was far far away ;)

    Great pics of the kiddos. Glad you all got to escape for a day and enjoy time together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I hope your mom has a lovely time this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! The Lake actually looks a little ocean-like! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete