Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Book Review: Beguiled



In the shadows of Charleston, someone is watching her…

Rylee Monroe, a dogwalker in Charleston’s wealthiest neighborhood, never feared the streets at night. But now a thief is terrorizing the area and worse, someone seems to be targeting her.

Reporter Logan Woods is covering the break-ins with the hope of publishing them as a true-crime book. The more he digs, the more he realizes this beguiling dogwalker seems to be at the center of everything.

As danger draws ever closer, Logan must choose: Chase the girl, the story, or plunge into the shadows after the villain who threatens everything?


~*~ ~*~ ~*~


The action begins in the very first chapter of this novel. I appreciate that so much because it sets the stage for the rest of the story. It was a fast paced read, loaded with great character development and scene description.

I liked how some chapters were from Rylee’s point of view and others were from Logan’s. It kept the story interesting for me. I also enjoyed the slow and gradual romance that built up between the two of them, and the lines Logan had…oh the sigh-out-loud kind of lines. The way he loved into the areas where she needed loving, promising to never leave her or hurt her.

What woman doesn’t want that??

The story maintains it’s fast moving pace or suspense and romance keeping me interested throughout, right up to the shocking and heartbreaking realization at the end.

The best part? The epilogue. Oh I do love a little extra somthin’ somthin’ at the end to let me know what happens after the story.

I liked this book so much I’m going to read it again :-)

This book is courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available now at your favourite bookseller.

3 comments:

  1. Shocking end? My favorite kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book!

    Happy Friday! Thank Goodness it's almost the weekend, huh? I'm here from Friday Follow, and I'm your newest follower!

    I'd love if you's check out my blog too!

    Thanks!
    Shannon
    http://www.milkandcuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kinda book!

    Ya know, reading you book reviews could get expensive for me on this end. Maybe I'd better stop here for the night. My list of 3 is long enough for now :)

    ReplyDelete