Friday, February 19, 2010

5QF - February 19

I just realized as I typed the title for this entry that I missed Willow's half-birthday on Wednesday. Some pet owner I am. He is now six months old.

Happy Half-Birthday Willow!!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


As you are well aware, today is Friday which means...



I was thinking about doing this vlog-style since my last one was so well received. But I'm having a bad hair day today so I thought I'd spare you. I shall let you think that my hair always looks like it did on Sunday.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Let's go.

1. Have you ever hit an animal with your vehicle?

Oh boy. I hit a raccoon once. Ian and I were on our way to bingo to meet up with another couple and I didn't see it until the last second when it darted in front of our jeep and I hit it. I pulled over right away and we got out to see if I killed it. He was just laying there and I started to cry.

I went to find a pay phone to call Animal Control and Ian gently moved him off the road and sat with him. I couldn't understand why no one at Animal Control seemed to care what I had done. I returned to where I'd left Ian and he said that it had passed away shortly after I left. I cried some more.

We waited until Animal Control arrived and I mentally prepared myself for a fine. The woman who came was very laid back and laughed when I asked if I would be fined or charged, and said this sort of thing happens all the time, it was just unusual that someone would have called it in themselves.

There was no bingo that night.

I still feel sad when I think of this incident. (About killing the racoon, not because I couldn't go to bingo. Just so you know.)

2. When you see a string on your clothes do you pull it off or cut if off?

I pull it off every.single.time. And then I get all cross when it makes a hole, and I wonder why I didn't just go and get scissors to begin with.

I also put the string in my pocket afterwards. Like I'm going to use it again or something. I never do. I guess on some level it makes me feel good to have it in there.

3. Did you have your own room or share a room when you were young?

I shared a room with my sister for several years when we were young. I wasn't allowed to go on her side of the room, touch her stuff or breathe her air.

When we were teenagers we had our own rooms and I could breathe all the air I wanted.

4. Would you rather wear the same thing for the rest of your life or eat the same thing for the rest of your life?

Being that I have mild OCD I could definitely eat the same thing for the rest of my life. Grilled cheese sandwiches.

Oh yeah, just get in mah belly, GCS!*

*Grilled Cheese Sandwich

5. What was your favorite TV show as a child?

Electric Company. I couldn't wait to watch this show after school. I also liked the ABC After School Specials, and on Friday nights we'd watch The Love Boat and Fantasy Island together. Good times.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


That's it! Play along if you like! Just visit Mama M over at My Little Life!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Electric Company...that was the "1-2-3-4-5, 6-7-8-9-10, 11, tweeeellllve", song right?!!!

    Or, was that "School House Rocks"...I dunno...

    I miss you...when are we gonna gchat again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of the Electric company?! May have to look that up. Cant wait for the next vlog.. so fun! Have a good weekend my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so happy you got to breathe all the air you wanted!!

    I also love that you said that you get cross! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine for hitting a raccoon??? Too funny!

    Hey, I watched all those shows too! Oh that's right, you and I are on the older end of the age spectrum around here in bloggy land, aren't we? Junction, junction, what's your function??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the love boat, promises something for everyone, the love boat, ooops sorry i couldn't help myself. glad to hear you survived all those years with limited air consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying laughing (at 2am!) over "
    Oh yeah, just get in mah belly, GCS!"

    Happy 1/2 birthday to your pet! LOVE that you love your pet! I am obsessed with my furry kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOur blog looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Yeah!! Love it. REALLY. I do. I am not just saying that now because I told you prior that I didnt like it. I am not a horrible, horrible person who says terrible things to her best friend in the whole world.

    Can I just say, I would have done the SAME thing with the raccoon?? I almost crashed my car once trying to avoid running over a squirrel. I would rather me crash then kill a little harmless animal, like some raccoon killers I know.

    Sorry, Im kidding. I couldnt resist.

    Ok, Love you!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. the love boat, promises something for everyone, the love boat, ooops sorry i couldn't help myself. glad to hear you survived all those years with limited air consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of the Electric company?! May have to look that up. Cant wait for the next vlog.. so fun! Have a good weekend my friend

    ReplyDelete