Thursday, November 05, 2009

Feelin' Blah



Just looking at that picture relaxes me. I wish I was sitting in one of those chairs.

I'm feeling pretty lousy this week, both physically and emotionally. I feel as though I'm coming down with something. My body aches and I feel so tired. I am feeling anxious and fearful. I just want to crawl into bed and wake up next week.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

One of Sam's guinea pigs died early this morning. I had just gotten back into bed after walking Willow at 5am (*choke*) when Sam came in to tell us he thought his guinea pig was dead. Ian went to go and check and the poor little thing was barely hanging on, then died in his hands.

Poor Ian. He always has to deal with pet deaths. I get to cuddle and soothe. He gets the gross part.

Sam is heartbroken and didn't want to go to school today because he was afraid he would cry and his friends would see and make fun of him. Being the softies that we are, we allowed him to stay home from school today. I baked some brownies and we cuddled together watching Spongebob Squarepants.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Willow came home on Sunday afternoon and he's been fitting in quite well. He piddles hourly! I had these great visions of long walks along the ravine with my new dog. Well forget that. The little dude has itty bitty legs and can't even walk around our block! He turned 7 weeks old yesterday and this week has learned to bark and to climb up the stairs. We've had only a few accidents inside and most of them were on the newspaper. He actually whimpers and/or barks when he wants to go outside. Sweet.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

That's all I feel like talking about at the moment. I'm not feeling particularly fun or witty today.

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Aw I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Kate! I'm sorry about your son's Guinea Pig too :-(

    Willow sounds like he's doing very well. He'll be taking you for walks in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are feeling blah...hopefully it will pass soon! At least its almost the weekend.. thats always a reason to smile. Hope you have a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the lost of your Guinea Pig. They only have a life span of about 18 months anyway, but nothing can replace them to a child.
    Hope that you are not coming down with anything, and feel well soon!
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better soon. One day your little Willow will be a big boy and will be begging you to go on those long walks!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, kate, kate cheer up!!! I felt just like that yesterday, and today i opened my shades :)

    God Bless girl..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling pretty BLAH myself these days! I'm sorry that you are feeling bad, and hope that you are feeling MUCH better soon!!!! Smiles to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we need the blah days to help us appreciate the happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw...Kate! Hugs to you! You sound like a fabulous mama, knowing just the time to snuggle and call in a "mental health day" to school!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate, kate, kate cheer up!!! I felt just like that yesterday, and today i opened my shades :)

    God Bless girl..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm feeling pretty BLAH myself these days! I'm sorry that you are feeling bad, and hope that you are feeling MUCH better soon!!!! Smiles to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Kate! I'm sorry about your son's Guinea Pig too :-(

    Willow sounds like he's doing very well. He'll be taking you for walks in no time!

    ReplyDelete