Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh Sweet Mercy...Mama's Worn Out!

Miss Jordan ran me ragged today.

I repeat ... ragged.

After taking the children to school and then Ian to his office, we headed over to my mom's house for the day. Jordan was so happy to see her Gram and raised her arms up so that she could give her a hug. So cute.

She'd play with her blocks and occasionally come over to me to give me a hug, then gave her Gram a hug, then back to her blocks again.

Then ... it started.

You know. It.

The drama.

The destruction.

She would be happy one moment, then flat out on the floor, hands covering her eyes, bawling out her frustration. I tried to comfort her but she pushed me away and gave me the evil eye.

Apparently I was the source of her unhappiness.

Five minutes later she was climbing on my lap to cuddle and eventually fell asleep.

Twenty minutes later she was up and about again. With one swipe of her arm she knocked over a bunch of photo frames.

She smacked her toys down on my mother's glass-topped coffee table so many times that I thought for sure she'd break it.

But my favourite moment was when she was playing peekaboo behind the rocking chair, then lost her balance and pulled an end table over, sending the lamp into the wall.

And.it.broke.

!!!

Oh glory. I tried for 30 minutes to repair it but I couldn't. I am hoping Ian can, otherwise I will replace it. So embarrassing.

Neither Sam or Julie ever broke anything. Jordan, on the other hand, is channelling She-ra or something. That girl can be rough. She is much more active than either of the other two ever were. Put together, even.

But she is also sweet and cuddly and squishy and adorable!

Seriously...what a day.

I am beyond ready for bed!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I think its the clumsiness comes with the third child. My third is like that too.

    ReplyDelete