Friday, April 03, 2009

Ramblings

The weather is so dreary and I don't think the rain has stopped all day. I don't know about you but rainy days make me t-i-r-e-d. And believe me when I tell you that I don't need an excuse to squeeze in a nap.

I am allll about a good nap.

~~~~~~~~~~

I saw my neighbour getting an early start to seeding his lawn this afternoon, right in the middle of the rain. I debated whether or not to call out to him to ask him to do my pathetic excuse for a lawn next and decided that the effort to open the window would be too much. That, and the fact that he'd likely give me the one finger salute.

~~~~~~~~~~

I applied to a bunch of jobs yesterday and lived. I'll go at it again on Monday and see what I can find. Maybe going back to work won't be that bad.

(Insert lame pout here)

~~~~~~~~~~

The girls made Easter chocolate molds last night at Girls Club. Messy and loud but lots of fun. We saw a couple of new faces which is always nice. Tomorrow is our Glow In The Dark Mini Golf Event and they are excited about that.

~~~~~~~~~~

After Girls Club, Jen and I headed over to Cindy's to visit. I felt like I hadn't seen them in ages even though we get together every week without fail. I love our friendship. We laugh together, cry together, encourage one another. And when needed, we give one another a shake to get us going in the right direction again. We can be who we are with each other. No pretending. I love them.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow is Julie's last soccer game for the season. She enjoyed the season but is looking forward to taking a break from it. Frankly, I am too. The parents are so competitive at this age and they yell instructions and orders at their daughters like it's FIFA or something. Kinda takes the fun out of the game. I'm glad that the game is at 1pm so she won't miss mini-golfing. And because I can't be in two places at once.

~~~~~~~~~~

I put my 300 thread count sheets on my bed yesterday and once again I feel like I'm sleeping in an expensive hotel. An expensive hotel with a lot of kids and pets and laundry and dirty dishes...

Ew.

Let's just leave it at I feel like I'm sleeping in an expensive hotel...

~~~~~~~~~~

After school Ian and Jules went out for some Daddy/Daughter time together. She's had a lot on her mind lately and Ian wanted to give her a chance to talk. Sam and I sat on the kitchen counter eating freshly baked brownies and drinking glasses of milk, and had a nice heart-to-heart talk of our own. He's got some great ideas about things and I love how his mind works. They're such great little people.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ian and I watched Baby Mama tonight and I really liked it. I thought it would be stupid - and maybe to most people it was - but I laughed quite a bit. Nice to have a silly movie to take your mind off the day to day things. Ian tolerated it for my sake. ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~

Jordan likes Hannah Montana. I know what you're thinking...she is too young to like much of anything but it's true. When she hears the theme song she dances. It's so cute.

~~~~~~~~~~

On Sunday night there is going to be a show on TLC called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" (or something lame like that) and I am SO going to watch it. I need to know how someone can be so dense that they don't even notice they are pregnant. How does one MISS something like that??

~~~~~~~~~~

That's all my rambling for today. Tomorrow will be busy so I'd better sign off.

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. I love that there is no pretending either, wicked!

    I watched that show on TLC before crazy stuff but I guess it does really happen. My aunt went through that in her fourties.

    ReplyDelete