Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday already...??

How is it that it's Sunday night already? BOOOO!

Friday afternoon we headed over to the church so Ian could set up the youth room for the Movie Madness event they were having that night. Jordan loved being able to crawl all around the room and down the hallway. The faster she crawled the harder she laughed, until she just collapsed in a heap of giggles. Oh how I enjoy her!

While Ian was at the church, Julie and I watched "Are We Done Yet?" while Sam played on the computer. Once they went to bed I stretched out on the sofa to read but couldn't concentrate, so I ended up resting quietly until Ian came home a couple of hours later.

Saturday morning was full of sunshine, and I headed over to Ching park with Jordan to meet Cindy for a walk. It was chilly, but the fresh air was wonderful. What a great way to start the day. We only walked halfway around then let Jordan swing for a bit in the park. I headed off at 11 to pick up the rest of the family for Julie's soccer game. Her team did pretty well and they either tied or won by one goal. I don't really keep score. If they have a good time then in my opinion, they won.

After lunch I had a wonderful nap and Julie's friend *L* came for sleepover (Julie's first!), and my mom and nephew came over later on for dessert and to watch a couple of episodes of "Smallville". I don't have the appreciation of superheroes like Ian does, and nothing could prepare me for the appreciation my mother has developed for them! It was so cute to listen to my mother discussing Doomsday and Braniac and Bizzaro with my husband.

Early this morning I could hear Jules and *L* making their breakfast before the rest of us got up. They sounded so cute and were trying so hard to be quiet. We all headed off to church together for 11 and the service was very nice. It isn't often that I get to sit in the service with Ian, as it seems as though he is always teaching Sunday school, so it was nice to be together today.

Nadine came over just after 3pm and we had a wonderful afternoon talking together while her daughter *L* and Jules continued to play. The more time I spend getting to know Nadine, the more I love her. They all stayed for dinner and Ian barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs. YUM! We've been having hamburgers done on my George Foreman grill during the winter and they just weren't the same.

So here I am at 8:18pm, ready for bed! Ian's friend Gary will be here shortly and they will game the night away. I plan to get comfy in my bed and watch Desperate Housewives.

I put a tiny bow in Jordan's hair this weekend and she looked so cute. She has just enough hair to make the bow stay.

I actually had someone ask me if I favoured Jordan over Sam and Jules because I post more pictures of her and so few of them. I do not favour one child over another. The older children often don't like to have their picture taken because they know it will end up on this blog. Ha! Jordan, however, has zero control!

Tuesday I have an interview with a placement agency that will take 3 hours. They'll talk with me then set me up for all sorts of testing and then we'll see if they can find me some work. I've been touching base with all the contacts that I've kept since leaving the working world 14 months ago. And as always, I continue to pray that Ian finds something soon.

My mind is so active and anxious these days. I spend a lot of time praying for my mind to slow down so that I can focus my prayers. I am so fortunate to have so many people praying for me when it seems that I can't.

That's about it.

2 comments: