Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thankful

I haven't been in the blogging frame of mind these last few days but I had a few moments tonight to post a few things.

First of all, thank you so much for your comments, emails, phone calls and facebook messages offering encouragement about Ian's layoff. I cannot tell you how much every single one means to me. I am overwhelmed by you.

Pray on, my friends. I need you. I truly believe that prayer is powerful and our Heavenly Father hears each one.

Girls Club resumed this past Thursday and it was so good to see the girls again. I was met with squeals and hugs and I loved all of it. We had a few new faces join us as well. I have been praying for one girl in particular for a couple of months now. *M* is very closed off and her story is one of a few that hurts my heart. I've been praying for a sign that she is ready to let me in because I want to be able to tell her things that she needs to hear: that she is special, she matters, she is loved and has a purpose.

While I was being hugged to bits by the girls, I saw her come around the corner and look at me. I thought "here goes!" and I just opened my arms and she flew into them. I hugged her so tight and whispered in her ear that I had missed her so much. She pulled back and said "Really? YOU missed ME?" and I hugged her again and said "Absolutely!"

I do love how He answers my prayers!

Julie played soccer on Saturday as usual and all was well until the last few minutes of the game when she got hit in her stomach with the ball and just went down. Poor thing. Ian headed down to get her and she was crying. When they walked her across the field everyone started clapping for her. Bless her heart. She had a red spot on her tummy but ended up just fine.

I've been working on Sam the last couple of weeks, building him up to get his hair cut. Good grief this kid has a lot of hair! He wants to grow it long like some kind of Jonas Brother and I'm not having it. Hopefully I can get him in somewhere tomorrow to get it cut.

Jordan is sprouting another tooth which should arrive any time now. She pulls herself up on everything and loves to just stand there. Well, until today that is. Now she's "cruising". She'll inch along the couch to the coffee table and move over to that.

Brilliant that she is, I bet she's walking in no time.

I sorted through all of her outgrown clothes this weekend to pass on to someone who can use them. Certain outfits are so hard to part with, so I kept a couple of things, just as I did with the other children. I'm enjoying her so much, and I'm so glad she is with us but...

Isn't there always a "but"?

Here goes....

But.... I wish this part of my life wasn't over. She will be our last and while I knew that from the get-go, I am still sad. I'm too old, I have three already, they're expensive, etc....

Blah blah blah. Enough about that.

Thank you again for your prayers and support. You are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment