Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's been a busy few days getting ready for Christmas, but I'm just about done.

Last night I went out to do some last minute shopping with Jen and Cindy at the Bramalea City Centre. It wasn't too bad there but I guess the snow storm kept a lot of people home.

Oh yes, that's what I said... snow storm. Our third in less than a week.

Today I've been very busy baking and wrapping...wrapping and baking. I made a batch of Fat Archies (Molasses Cookies) for Ian and he said they were perfect. I just about squealed when I took them out of the oven and they looked just like the picture.

!!!

I've also got chocolate chip cookies and brownies baked, and I need to finish my world famous shortbread and some peanut butter cookies. Then I need to package up some for a few neighbours.

We'll be attending the children's service at our church this evening then going to my mom's for dinner.

This morning Jordan was sitting on the couch with Jules, and I called Julie over to show her something and she came....leaving Jordan alone on the couch. I guess Jordan wanted to come too so she lurched forward and fell right off the couch and got a lovely mark on her face, just in time for all the family gatherings.

Sigh.

Sam flew over to her and grabbed her up, soothing her as only he can. I got there right after him and he wasn't about to give her to me!

!!!

Anyway... all is well. She is happily practicing her new talent - getting into a sitting position from her tummy. She rolls and slithers everywhere so I'm sure its only a matter of days before she takes off crawling. She's a busy girl.

We're so excited to celebrate Jordan's first Christmas with us. The children are so excited they can barely stand it. We'll be tracking Santa on the Norad website until bedtime.

Track Santa with us! If you have time, leave me a comment letting me know where he is when you read this.

As of 2:23 pm he is in Laki, Azerbaijan!

While I was baking this morning, it occurred to me that I haven't been focusing on the true meaning of Christmas as much as I should have been in these last couple of days. I found myself thinking of Mary and the child she would soon deliver, and how He will one day deliver us all. Is there any gift more precious than Him?

My dear friends, may you know the comfort and joy of God's presence this Christmas season and always.

Love,
Kate

3 comments:

  1. Zurich, Switzerland at 3:39 mountain time : )

    Merry Christmas Kate and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your family Kate!

    Santa is in Grytviken, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands at 8:45 PM EST. Jesus is in my heart always. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zurich, Switzerland at 3:39 mountain time : )

    Merry Christmas Kate and family

    ReplyDelete