Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hump Day

Wednesday already...crazy.

This morning my mom came over to watch the children so I could go and get my hair done. After working myself up to changing the colour I ended up being lazy and staying blonde. Love it.

I brought my hair loss to the attention of my stylist today and showed her where I'm actually losing it noticeably. She said it's normal to lose hair after pregnancy. I have heard this although I've never experienced it. She was very cavalier about it until she started rinsing the colour out and saw how much came out of my head. I heard her say "oh my" a couple of times....not that I wasn't worried enough BEFORE.

I told her that at this rate, this might be the last time she sees me because bald people don't require haircuts.

She assured me that it's growing back but I don't see it.

When I am not obsessing about my hair loss issue, I am obsessing about the amount of crime in my city.

On Saturday night a teenaged boy was shot and killed in a community rec centre on the street where my friend Carrie JUST moved on to. Residents have been quoted as saying that there is gang activity there and drugs are sold regularly. This street is about 3 minutes away from me.

Then, last night, a guy was sitting in his car at a red light when some guy got out of his car and walked over, leaned in and started stabbing the guy. This intersection is RIGHT OUTSIDE MY HOUSE!

Sigh.

Now my friend Jen just told me that her church was broken into last night. A CHURCH.

Ugh. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what is happening to our city. It's very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why we moved out of your city. DH lived there for many years and what it has become is not the city he remembers as a child.

    ReplyDelete