Thursday, July 03, 2008

Haircuts and Stuff

Jules was freaking me out this morning... Jordan was fussing and she went over to soothe her and I heard her softly saying "shhh....rest in peace... rest in peace..."

Yep...just a wee bit creepy.

Later on I found her walking around the house with the top of her dress stuffed with tissues... I didn't even know how to broach that one. At first I thought that this could be an open door to an interesting, educational talk, but in the end I took the the lame route... I just asked her to remove the tissue and that was that.

This afternoon I took the children to get badly needed hair cuts. All morning long all Julie could talk about was her appointment and how she needed a new look. She was over the moon because I was taking her to my "grown up" salon to get hers done. Sam was not so happy because he didn't want his cut at "some chick place".

Since Sam was so thrilled to go, I'll start with his shaggy "before" pics.







Pretty shaggy, right? He was pretty cross with me because he wanted to keep growing his hair longer and longer.

And there it goes...





This is the look I got when I asked if he liked his new look.



He hates the bits of hair that always linger...



Julie decided to dress up a bit for her appointment since she'd "be coming home all fancy and special" she said.

And here are her before pics...







Sam waiting for Julie...



She just soaked up the experience. She's never had her hair washed like this before and said it was "just awesome!"



I explained to the stylist what style Julie wanted and off she went...







Viewing the final product...note the huge smile on Julie's face. She said she felt like a new kid.



And her "after" pics...







She was so thrilled to have gotten the look she wanted. The stylist was absolutely amazing and gave her the full treatment. I am going to either call or write to the manager and let them know how wonderful she was and how my daughter left feeling like a princess.

On our way home this church sign caught my eye...



This church has had some pretty racy signs in the past so I was glad to see this one! LOL.

After dinner I met up with two of my dear friends, Cindy and Jenn. We talked at Tim's from 7pm until almost 11! Lots of laughs. It was a good time.

Now I'm off to bed!

4 comments:

  1. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:02 p.m.

    The haircuts look great.

    Ummm...

    I don't get the church sign. (blush)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:21 a.m.

    Oh...I got it now...LOL...duh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great!

    ReplyDelete