Friday, July 11, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away...

I planned to take the children to the beach today but it was pouring rain when we woke up. Boo. I was really disappointed because they've been so patient while we were house bound waiting for the painter to show up and I really wanted to do something fun with them.

Around lunchtime the sun started to show itself so we decided to be spontaneous and head to the park.

Being spontaneous is hard to do with three children. Today's spontaneity took us 48 minutes. Not bad!

We only had about two hours before we had to pick Ian up after work but they used the time they had well. The first hour and 15 minutes was at the splash pad. No pics because it's not allowed. Sigh. One or two pervs have to wreck it for everyone.

Afterwards we went to the petting zoo. It was pretty hot and the animals weren't in the mood to be petted, so all we got to see was a donkey.



The ducks (some or all could be geese... whatev) came right up to Sam and ate from his hand...



Take a look at this one... talk about aggressive. I didn't have anything to feed it and I was all like "back off you freaky duck" but he just kept coming at me. Freak.



Once the food was gone, the children decided to terrorize them and chase them all around...





Aww... a squirrel...



Sam hangin' at the park...





Fridays are Family Night, so we picked up a pizza on our way home and the children's movie choice for the evening is The Bee Movie. I hope I can stay awake!

A great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment