Sunday, February 17, 2008

More Hamster Drama

Honestly. These hamsters are going to be the death of me! Aren't they supposed to stay in their cages? Apparently not!

Last night I was sleeping and was awoken to a scratching sound. "MICE!" I thought... then bravely looked behind my nightstand to see.... SUNNY! Sam's beloved hamster. WTHeck! This is the second time this hamster has made it to my room.

I swear she looked at me and came running around the night stand and started trying to climb up on my bed! I jumped out the other side and called Ian repeatedly from where he had fallen asleep on the couch downstairs. He came running - expecting SERIOUS drama (ie; water breaking perhaps) to my panicked "Sunny is in my room and she's trying to get me!"

He raced upstairs to see Sunny coming around the bed and changed her direction. He grabbed her but she jumped out of his hands and kept running. He grabbed her again and put her back in her cage.

Apparently when Sam was cleaning his room he must have bumped the cage and a tube that ran from one section to another had separated, giving her a chance to bolt. And where does she go of all places? To my side of the bed!

Another very daring yet unsuccessful prison break for Sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment