Sunday, December 17, 2006

One Week To Go

Last week was very emotional as word spread about my resignation. I had no idea that so many people would miss me if I left. It's so weird - on one hand I am very sad to leave and worry I might be making a mistake, but on the other hand I am so excited to start something new and meet new people. I'm exhausted with emotion.

This week will be busy as I try to make as many notes about my accounts as possible AND make all my collection calls AND resolve any outstanding issues. I don't want anyone to have to wonder what is going on or think that I've left a major mess behind.

We had a lovely department lunch on Thursday at an italian restaraunt. One of the other collectors toasted me and my new job and I had a few tears. I think we all thought we'd all work together indefinitely. One of the women I sat with admitted she is actively seeking another job as well. There are a few of us who just can't work for our coworker who was recently promoted in the wake of our previous manager's dismissal. As a person he is really funny and nice and doesn't really speak ill of people. But he is not someone I could work for. It isn't a pride thing anymore although at first it was. I was hurt and angry and embarassed to have been passed over for the promotion. But once I got past the emotion I knew he wasn't someone I could work for. I wish him the best of luck - he is going to be leading a team where most of them don't want him. I tried to encourage the three women I sat with at the lunch to help him, to answer his questions, to try to give him a chance and be supportive of him. He might just work out and they will laugh one day about how uncomfortable things were at first. He's going to have a hard time, that's for sure.

This week we have something on the go almost every night! My aunt arrives on Tuesday for Christmas, Samuel has his Christmas concert on Wednesday and I am going out for dinner with my girlfriends on Thursday.

I'm really excited about Christmas Eve. After being with my church for almost 5 years this is my first Christmas Eve service there. Usually we go to mass with my family. The service will be geared for the children and Ian will be telling the Christmas story while the children sit all around him.

Overall I feel filled with peace and happiness. I know that God is taking care of me and that He has many blessings for me. That amazes me because everywhere I look I see His abundant blessings already.

No comments:

Post a Comment